"Static" in Twice-Told: A Collection of Doubles


My new story, "Static," is now available in Twice-Told: A Collection of Doubles edited by C. M. Muller.

You can purchase it here (Amazon): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MLYH2PD?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=9MT2410B5SCST7WDCNKX


Or here (from the publisher): https://chthonicmatter.wordpress.com/twice-told/


I can't even begin to tell you how honored I am to have a story included in Twice-Told: A Collection of Doubles, and for that story to be "Static" is just icing on that cake. This is one of my favorites, but one that went through the ringer finding a publisher. Every genre market I sent it to before Twice-Told came back saying that they loved it, but it wasn't speculative enough, and every literary market I sent it to came back saying it was great but too speculative. I'd actually just gotten a very nice rejection from One Story when C.M. Muller opened this anthology to submissions. Now, I'd thought about sending this story to him previously for Nightscript (the great anthology series he edits), but it was tied up during that window. I thought "Static" fit his aesthetic. Luckily for me, it also fit the theme, and I sent it. Had it not sold, favorite or not, I had decided I'd trunk it. Thankfully, that didn't happen. As for the story itself, it's personal and explores very real relationships between me, my dad, and my brother. The lake is real, the story of the boy at the lake is real, as is the snake, and Dad and the static-y TV is real, too. The rest is fiction. I hope you like it.

Popular Posts